1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

You're the only one saying that.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I see it more as working the refs. He thinks it will influence further coverage. Plus, picking a fight with the media mostly plays well in a republican primary.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Because the smears only work against those with a conscience, used by those without. Why do you think the truth of Trumps inane positions, multiple positions on the same issues and his personal life full of shit storms has not made a dent.
    The right is easier led than the left, Limbaugh can focus his minions on lies and half-truths better than any left winger in a similar position. Rachel Maddow can't touch him for blind followers. Limbaugh is a political failure. 16 years of Clinton and Obama prove that he doesn't have national influence.

But his brand of thoughtlessness has converted the Congress into a polarized wasteland of feces and vomit parading as milk and honey, the end is near

4. YankeeFan

I'm comfortable with that.

Kerry never defended himself. I'm not sure why I should believe him. He hid from the press when his lies were exposed.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

If you ain't first, you're last, bitch.

Sit down and STFU.

doctorquant likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Let's recap. Iowa Republican caucus participants are very conservative overall and heavily evangelical. The most conservative and evangelical candidate finished first, the second-most conservative but hardly evangelical candidate finished second and the third most conservative candidate came in third. Seems pretty logical to me.
    Iowa Democratic caucusgoers are very liberal overall. They are majority women, and like voters everywhere, are more likely to be old or middle aged than young. The very, very liberal candidate and the woman just plain liberal candidate finished in a tie. Also sounds logical.
    I wouldn't put a Confederate nickel on any predictions for either the primaries or general election based on the above data.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm sorta along these lines as well...especially if the economy is slipping by October.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Rubio is the second-most conservative and Trump is the third-most conservative.

9. YankeeFan

Bernie received more votes last night.

All the folks who like to make that distinction for the 2000 presidential race should not ignore it here.

Hillary will get more delegates, but Bernie attracted more voters.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

... but per the board that candidate won't do as well in South Fucking Cackalacky. Shaking my head ...

11. YankeeFan

True for Rubio. Trump is much harder to pin down ideologically. He's attracting conservative votes, based on immigration mostly, but his campaign is far less ideological.

It's not about Conservatism. It's about "making America great again!"

12. YankeeFan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.