1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Why do people think Trump "lost" Iowa? ... He's going to wipe New Hampshire's granite floor with Cruz ... and then who knows what happens with South Carolina and so on and so on.

Trump v. Bernie would be a terrific battle. Refreshing. Free of the establishment. It's what it should be all about these days.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah. Two idiots who wouldn't recognize Vladimir Putin or Angela Merkel if they were fucking each other on their doorsteps.

SFIND and cranberry like this.
  3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Rubio's brother-in-law is a cocaine dealer who may or may not have been involved in the killing of a federal agent. He lived with Marco, and Marco later helped him get a real-estate license.

That seems like something the Clintons can make hay with, and I don't even know that I'd call it a smear. It can be framed as poor judgment in the least, without much effort.

But my outlook may be influenced by the fact that I'm on Episode 5 of "Narcos."

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That will actually play well with the base.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Last two primary winners in S.C. are Newt (with Santorum third behind Romney) and McCain. Hardly an evangelical Murderers Row.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Depends which base. There are several of them.

7. dixiehack

That reminds me. Is Starman off getting treatment for a rage boner that's lasted more than three hours?

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Marco was a teen when his brother in law went to jail.

He wrote a letter of recommendation to the real estate board (or whatever it's called) on his behalf when he got out. Brother in law has never gotten into trouble since his release and is still married to Rubio's sister.

Going to be hard to make that a big negative -- especially with sentencing reform being a bug issue for dems.

It worked the way it was supposed to. Guy did his time, paid his debt, to society, and has been rehabilitated.

It's a good story.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Rubio wrote a letter on his bro-in-law's behalf, without mentioning that the man was his bro-in-law, and the license was granted by a commission of Bush appointees at a time when Rubio and Bush were joined at the hip politically. That's as much influence peddling as anything you've been railing on the Clintons for over the last 25 years.

10. dixiehack

Why do people think Memphis "lost" the Birmingham Bowl? It scored nearly 1/4 of the points.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yes, it's very good story.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'm not sure the Clintons will want to broach the subject of cokehead family members.

old_tony and YankeeFan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.