1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Well, more of 'em were willing to settle last night than was expected, so that is news. It's also news those willing were less than a quarter of those who voted, but that's too deep for the "what's the easiest spin we can give this story" that dominates American political journalism.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Somebody believes he's a special snowflake.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's believed that Rubio would be accepted by the anti-establishment wing. He was a Tea Party favorite who took on the establishment by running agains their candidate, Charlie Crist.

Whether or not enough of that appeal remains is the question.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Sure, if by Tea Party favorite you mean Norman Braman's tool and by anti-establishment you mean Chuck Schumer's tool in the Group of Eight. In fact, tool is a description that fits him very well.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"I'm not a scientist, man. ... Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries." -- Marco Rubio

SnarkShark likes this.
  6. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I sometimes think Rubio is the real-life version of the politician on Parks & Rec who sits in Ben Wyatt's office and stares at the wall.

Double Down likes this.
  7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think it's very premature to say Sanders has no chance in South Carolina. He has a little over three weeks to campaign in an area that probably does not know much about him. He's also probably more likely to help the poor minorities more than Clinton if elected.

8. cranberry

It bothered me that Rubio lied about when and the circumstances under which his parents left Cuba, too.

9. LongTimeListener

If there's anything South Carolinians really take to, it's Jews from the Northeast.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Candidates frequently make up 30-point deficits in less than a month.

11. cranberry

Jesus. Please stop.

12. LongTimeListener

YankeeFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.