1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Trump's Iowa lunacy is absolutely maddening. Honestly, all he had to do was act reasonably normal for the next 3-4 weeks, and he had this thing in the bag.

2. Dick Whitman

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You act as if that first part is easy.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That's like saying all the Oilers had to do was run the ball from the I formation in 1992. Ain't them.

Brian, dixiehack and doctorquant like this.
  5. Dick Whitman

I know, I know. But he managed it for about 48 hours, starting with his concession in Iowa. He was great on "Morning Joe," talking about how he was a "rookie," how he was learning as he goes, how, in light of that, he'd happy with the second-place finish. It just all set up so perfectly for him - voters just now starting to pay attention would have said, "That's the unhinged candidate I keep hearing about? He's completely reasonable!"

6. doctorquant

Probably not a great idea to hold up "accomplishments in the Senate" as reflective of potential to win, be effective in the presidency. Similarly, probably not a great idea to criticize the endorser of a Senator's presidential race for being unawares of senatorial accomplishments, if such exist, by said Senator.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Exactly the way I feel about Clinton & Sanders.

8. Dick Whitman

But he couldn't name anything that Rubio had accomplished at all, other than being Speaker of the House in Florida. They tried to make it easy for him.

9. doctorquant

I find it near unfathomable that a Christian seriously living out his/her faith would seriously follow politics.

HanSenSE and SpeedTchr like this.
  10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Sounds like a gotcha question to me.

11. doctorquant

When Truman was nominated for the vice presidency, one of the seconders in his speech said he would make a good candidate because he was "an American and a Democrat."

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'd be impressed if anyone could name a Rubio accomplishment. Steering money into Norman Braman's pet causes doesn't count.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.