1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

For heaven's sake ... it was a virtual tie. Suppose Sanders actually won and therefore got jobbed out of two delegates. He's therefore been jobbed out of 84/1000ths of a percent of the delegates needed for the nomination.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Narrative.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Unless the errors were intentional to help one side and that side helped orchestrate those errors.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

But you have to also account for the possibility that the side that helped orchestrate those errors are well aware that Bernie Sanders would be a bad president several years from now and, thus, the actions are justifiable.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Thank you for making the thread about me, Dick.

Just the good old boys... Never meaning no harm...

6. doctorquant

I get that. But when things are close, the error that's inherent to the process can be larger than the actual difference between the candidates. It's like measuring something with a device that's sensitive to operator skill. If A is 6 inches and B is 5 inches, no matter who uses it is going to say that A is longer. If A is 6.0001 and B is 5.9999, however, whether A is determined to be longer might depend on just who's doing the measuring.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Why?

I mean, other than you think those words are clever to write.

The irony of that jab, of course, is that you may think it best describes me. It doesn't. I don't yoke the two. Never have. I think it's just about the most cynical thing to yoke them. Which is exactly what one party does. It's
    Offensive to Christianity, is the thing. So is coupling christianity and war.

I'm merely pointing out that it's funny Cruz and Trump would even attract evangelical support. They're awful candidates for Christians. Most candidates are.

But Bernie Sanders doesn't robe himself in it.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    Lugnuts and cranberry like this.
  8. doctorquant

Oh nooooooo, you'd never do that ...

SpeedTchr and old_tony like this.
  9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The push to count the votes in Iowa for the Democrats is also because of the cast of characters.

The Clintons are slippery, slippery people.

If it turns out that Sanders got more votes than Clinton but Clinton walks away with more delegates - even if only ONE more Iowa delegate - that serves Sanders' call to the young and naive that the game is rigged.

Sanders' campaign will paint Clinton as Claire Underwood and it will stick. Hell, he may say this goes all the way back to 2000 and that the should count every vote, like in Florida.

She will win the nomination but something like this will turn the young voters that she will need to woo by the summer.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Since you're too smart to not know the difference between analyzing what a party is doing vs. desiring to actually sync up one's faith with political policy, I'll just presume you'll deliberately misunderstanding like another poster has chosen to do for years on end.

if you have some position on how conservatism really works, let's hear it.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You play to win the game. There's a reason they keep score.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

exmedia, that ain't gonna happen. By the end of the month, no one will remember Iowa at all. And as far as I remember, there's only one recent election where the person with the most votes got jobbed, and I don't the Clintons had anything to do with it.

Lugnuts likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.