1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Didn't Rob Gronkowski sexually assault this host?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 5, 2016.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It was an entertainer's response, not a journalist's, though I must confess I used the wrong word just because it looked better in comparison to Whitlock's. That and it proved that your entire premise on this thread is complete bullshit, but that was clear all along.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Do you think that perhaps she feels some external pressure to pretend that she was OK with the affable NFL superstar thrusting his pelvis into her face on live TV?

Stoney likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

What if, afterward, she had said, "I wanted him to give me a lapdance, but I certainly didn't consent for him to thrust me violently into the couch with pelvic movements?"

Assault?

4. Dick Whitman

I've had at least four people - highly respected posters - PM me to tell me that I am on the right track about this, and that the admire the courage that it must have taken to speak out.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. outofplace

Did you listen to the response? She's getting pressure in the other direction. You're still pushing this because you were trolling from the start.

Is it fair to attack her actions and to say her response was silly? Absolutely. But it is very clear that wasn't assault. She asked him to do it and even in the face of severe criticism, she is defending what happened.

6. outofplace

I don't believe you, nor do I care. There would be no reason for those posters to PM you rather than post that support right here on the thread.

Also, courage? To post a potentially unpopular opinion on an anonymous message board? Please tell me you aren't really trying to sell something that ridiculous. That is a new low even for you.

7. Dick Whitman

Maybe that's what she had in mind - his dick and balls being violently thrusted into her face, her being pinned on her back to the couch. On live TV.

But it's not at all clear from her invitation that she wanted him to be rough and lewd, to that degree.

8. Dick Whitman

I'm just the messenger. I wouldn't use that word. But I can't help how others view it.

9. outofplace

Fiction. She did not do that. She has never given any indication that he did anything but exactly what she asked. Try being honest for once, Dick. Consider it a change of pace.

10. outofplace

Quoted to save a reminder of just how full of shit Dick really is these days. Seriously, DW, when did you decide to go full-on-troll?

11. Dick Whitman

She asked him to pin her into the couch with violent pelvic thrusts in her face?

12. outofplace

Asked and answered, counselor. You lost. You know it. Be honest for once and admit it. Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted