1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

And they'll suck it up and support him for the good of the party anyway. Personal hatred is a story journalists love, but overestimate its importance.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

3. RickStain

That isn't remotely what I'm saying.

I don't expect trump to implode. I expect him to maintain the exact support he has now for awhile. It just won't always be enough to win.

4. LongTimeListener

OK, but you're giving me a rooting interest in Trump.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

John Kasich sounds like he's narrating an especially involved Readers Digest article.

6. RickStain

I have one too. At least the part of me that likes fascinating things to happen without regard to how good they are.

It still feels to me like watching a football game where some crappy I-AA school has a lead on a top 5 early in the second quarter.

Yeah, app state happened so I can't say it is impossible. And yes, I expected them to take control late in the first quarter and it didn't happen. But I still think I know how his probably ends.

7. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Jeb comes in fourth and beats Rubio by like .7 percent and tells his supporters "You've reset the race."

Marco better start prepping for the next debate, or he'll keep fading. The robot narrative can stick if he doesn't shake it off fast.

8. LongTimeListener

How's he going to prep? He doesn't know anything and doesn't have a damn thing to say.

swingline, JC and cranberry like this.
  9. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Maybe he should ask that Miami car dealer billionaire.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I genuinely don't think I like one person in this race. Maybe Bush and Christie, but they're both also rans. I liked Obama and McCain. I liked Obama and Romney. Trump is entertaining, but I can't say I like him as a candidate for the presidency.

JackReacher likes this.
  11. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Bernie's a joke and the only appeal Hillary will have is an appeal of her conviction. You're free to stake your hopes on them, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.