1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The election lacks an inspirational candidate (like Obama) on either side, although, I suppose some would suggest Trump is that guy among the GOP, but I don't think the overall field is any worse than 2000.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I feel like Trump's supporters are kind of along for the fun ride, but I don't feel like they are emotionally invested like Obama's voters were in 2008 or Hillary Clinton's are this time. If she loses, they'll be devastated. They were devastated last night. Hell, they were devastated after Iowa.

3. cranberry

I was at a basketball game last night and didn't watch any of the coverage. What made you think HRC supporters were "devastated" by a loss in an aberrational state that every poll had predicted?

4. Dick Whitman

Social media frustration showing, mostly. And they are getting more and more pointed in their interactions with Bernie Sanders's supporters.

Remember: People simply don't believe polls, when they don't like what the polls are telling them. That's not limited to Mitt Romney voters in 2012. All of us knew what was going to happen last night. We're journalists who both follow this stuff and bring a journalist's sensibility to it. There are a lot of fanboys and fangirls out there who don't think the same way.

Also, it's one thing to know it's coming. It's another thing entirely when it happens.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Only in America can 84 percent of voters vote against you, but the media goes on to create the narrative that you surged, you are a contender, and your brand of compassionate conservatism is being embraced by your party.

Gimme a break.

SFIND likes this.
  6. cranberry

Anyway, this is pretty entertaining if you have an hour to kill.

7. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Then there's the candidates who told his supporters that they reset the race... after nearly 9 of out 10 Republicans voted for someone else.

8. Dick Whitman

I get what you guys are saying, and I totally disagree with the people who at this point remain Trump deniers. But everyone is trying to figure out who the last non-Trump candidate standing is going to be. I guess there are some slight overreactions going on. But on the other hand, time is starting to be a factor.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Are the nominations going to be final before the national conventions this summer, or will one or both be decided there?

10. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Who knows who the last man standing to Trump will be. I'm guessing Cruz. I doubt Bush, Rubio and Kasich will exit before Super Tuesday.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  11. Dick Whitman

Let's get one thing very straight: Hillary Clinton is going to be the Democratic nominee, and it's not going to be close.

12. Dick Whitman

The rise of Donald Trump is a terrifying moment in American politics

Trump is the most dangerous major candidate for president in memory. He pairs terrible ideas with an alarming temperament; he's a racist, a sexist, and a demagogue, but he's also a narcissist, a bully, and a dilettante. He lies so constantly and so fluently that it's hard to know if he even realizes he's lying. He delights in schoolyard taunts and luxuriates in backlash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.