1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

It just hit me last night how crazy are the times we are living in. I always wondered how it felt to live in 1968. I'm thinking I'm going to find out by the end of the year.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

So Al Sharpton should stay off motel balconies and Jeb Bush might want extra security during the California primary?

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I'd agree with it. Trump was an absolute rube last night. Pretty unstable and argumentative but without substance.

No clue who the answer is, though. Cruz is so unlikeable and Rubio's NH debate meltdown isn't going away.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Well, Brian, although I personally had a very good time, for society 1968 sucked. All those assassinations and a real big war, to name two reasons. 2016 isn't in the same league -- yet. While Trump would be a disastrous President IMO (no impulse control is a bad trait in a person with nuclear weapons), I am also willing to admit this election season would be dreadfully dull without him.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

PS: I am not at all sure, although my doubts could be wrong, that Trump's remarks last night will hurt him that much. If G. W. Bush remains such an icon for Republicans, why is his brother doing so badly?

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Christie's truancy line is gold.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of a comic who has his lines memorized but can't ad lib when he's heckled.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The weaker Trump looks, the less incentive anyone has to drop out that is losing to him. Even if Trump slips in SC, and the polls make that seem unlikely, it probably isn't going to clarify the race.

The party that deifies market forces can't solve the tragedy of the commons. So perfect.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Trump voters are Republicans who have been conscious since 2001 and remember everything the party has been telling its base since then regarding the war in Iraq (who will pay for it, how we'll be greeted), Katrina, Obamacare (it will be repealed), and government spending. A lot of people describe Trump supporters as rubes (and maybe they are), but they are also people who feel like the party needs to be held accountable for the actions that led to an Obama presidency in the first place.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Too rational, Trump's appeal is visceral even guttural

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

None of those are specific to Donald Trump though. You could substitute "Skippy the Elephant" into that and it would be just as true.

This is the hallmark of Trump voters. They don't really have a clue about him other than they like voting for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.