1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

There's people who are going to vote for a democrat no matter what. Some who will vote for a republican no matter what. For the rest of us it's deciding who we dislike less between Trump (or Cruz) and Hillary.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Those people don't matter in this election.

The group of people who don't have a notable place on the ideological spectrum aren't some noble reasonableists. There might be some of them in that group, but most just don't take civics seriously enough to have a coherent opinion.

Can you win courting that vote? Sure. Clinton did in 1996. But you can also win by getting a higher concentration of partisans to actually turn out for you (Bush) or by drawing in demographics that don't traditionally vote despite supporting you ideologically (Obama).

Without any candidates with the broad appeal of a Bill Clinton, the turnout models are more likely to be decisive.

And just on a judgmental level, if you don't have a clear idea already who you prefer between Cruz, Trump and Clinton, you don't take this seriously enough for this country to be improved by your participation.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They like him because he's famous and they think it sounds fun to vote for a famous guy.

RickStain likes this.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

They like him because they're sick of pretending to be decent human beings.

RickStain likes this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Where have I heard that before? Trump pissed some people off, but I think he'll still get 25-30% of the vote.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Strictly anecdotal.

When I see Trump supporters, they remind me of those who wear Brian Urlacher jerseys.

I've never seen a guy in an Urlacher jersey and thought "that person probably has their act together". Same with people I see with Trump stickers or hats.

JackReacher, RickStain and heyabbott like this.
  8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Trump supporters are more like the jerkoffs who get a jersey with the number 69 and their own name on the back.

X-Hack, Ace, bigpern23 and 5 others like this.
  9. exmediahack

The enjoyable part is that for all the hype and all the money, 2016 won't really matter.

Republicans will have the House.

Republicans may keep the Senate with 51 or 52. They could have had a shot at 60 last year if they hadn't nominated batshits in NV, DE, MO, IN, ND in recent years.

Once Clinton beats Trump in November, the same dynamics as now will be in place, just with a president that only one white women who love Carole King and Gilda Radner will be enthusiastic about.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If I'm Hillary I hire a staff of all-male interns. Bill's going to be in the White House with no fucking job this time.

exmediahack likes this.
  11. exmediahack

Well, perhaps he's exploring that side like his fictional alter ego, Francis J. Underwood, in season two.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You just compared Al Sharpton to Martin Luther Kings? And Jeb Bush to Bobby Kennedy? Seriously?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.