1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's about to kick the shit out of everybody in South Carolina and Nevada.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Because of vote-splitting, not because even a bare majority of primary voters find him acceptable.

heyabbott likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

I understand what you meant, and Scarborough and others - like me - who believe that Trump has staying power as a candidate understand why. When I said "fluke," I meant in the Ben Carson-Rick Santorum-Howard Dean vein. For months, every utterance of Trump's was proclaimed his Waterloo. But not by Scarborough.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Did Scarborough predict the bizarre feedback loop by which no candidate would drop out because of Trump's plurality, thus preserving Trump's plurality?

If he did, good for him.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Rick, I don't know what Scarborough said about it, but the new winner-take-all rules for those with a plurality have always been the biggesr reason people thought Trump could win.

For now and for a long time into the future, neither Rubio nor Cruz has any reason to back down. They can hope at the very least to get it to a brokered convention. And if neither has a reason to back down, their votes can't consolidate.

6. Dick Whitman

Christie has dropped out. Fiorina has dropped out. Santorum has dropped out. Huckabee has dropped out. The Donald marches on.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We've only had two contests. We're down to six candidates.

What percentage of the vote did previous winners in Iowa and New Hampshire get?

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

August 19, 1934 Adolph Hitler is elected President of Germany, after having been named Chancellor, akin to Prime Minister of Germany.
    I will not say Trump will commit genocide, but he has already alluded to concentration camps, internment camps for those rapist and murdering Mexicans and all those Muslims who are probably terrorists.

He's so unqualified to run things, anything at this point, he's left as a golf course developer, possibly. His function over the past 2 decades has been mostly limited to a licensing company which brands hotels, gold courses, ties, shirts, a University and self help books.

9. heyabbott

Trump to Pope: You're Disgraceful.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

"If and when the Vatican is attacked by ISIS, which as everyone knows is ISIS' ultimate trophy, I can promise you that the pope would have only wished and prayed that Donald trump would have been president," Trump said.

Pope Francis Says Donald Trump Is 'Not Christian'

12. heyabbott

Trump to Lennon: I am Bigger Than Jesus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.