1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

She's campaigned in recent days in New York City and Chicago for the African-Amercan vote, and just released an ad in Nevada targeting Hispanics.

If she doesn't already have those votes locked down, she's fucked.

And she keeps having to leave the campaign trail to fundraise, which will be used against her.

Is she even trying to win young and/or white voters anymore?

2. YankeeFan

In a poll out today, GWB's approval is higher than Obama's.

3. YankeeFan

She has one opponent, and she lost the popular vote in the one caucus she won.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Everyone gets pissy about me bringing up the Dunham thing, but it was a epically comical failure that is representative of her entire campaign to this point. I mean, Jesus Christ, quit patronizing young people by rolling out idiot celebrities. Particularly total loose cannons like that one.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Apples, meet oranges.

His presidency will never be deemed a success, or whatever Tony deemed it. The Iraq War, which was his fault, will never permit that. Same with the handling of the economy, though I understand is more complicated.

I think people have certainly come around to the idea that he's not the personification of evil.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Even Republicans, as much as they hate to admit it, know that his brother drove the Bush Dynasty into a ditch. Plus, he has no personality and doesn't inspire confidence.

SFIND likes this.
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I didn't get pissy about it. I thought it was a spot-on reflection of the cluelessness of her campaign.

YankeeFan and LongTimeListener like this.
  8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that upset her base for her to actively seek the support of white voters?

I heard Howard Fineman yesterday say that Trump and Bernie's supporters are similar demographics, except that Bernie's are generally more educated. What used to be called the working class, non-professional, white and employed or actively looking for employment. Not minimum wage workers, but the working and disenfranchised lower middle class and younger voters.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Daddy Bush presided over "what looked like" a smashing victory in Desert Storm and then shit the bed for reelection 16 months later. So much for the Bush Dynasty.

heyabbott likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

700,000 jobs lost per month.

4,800+ US soldiers dead, thousands more wounded and trillions of dollars spent = No Iraq WMDs.

Yep, he'll be judged just fine by history.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The Cheney administration made me pine for the days of Richard Nixon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.