1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah. Great. So she loses even more support and only wins by 5.

YF is desperately clinging to The Narrative. Ironic, isn't it?

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

For b
    The fact Cruz's colleagues don't like him is a plus in this election. Voters clearly don't like "the establishment" and "the establishment" hates Cruz, so voters side with him over them.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

GOP voters have been led to that water. Trump is merely all the right wing media in human form. Voters are reacting to him as such.

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Just as Sanders is merely all the lefty media in human form. "Free shit for everyone! For life! The rich will pay!"

old_tony likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What's the date of the national primary?

6. LongTimeListener

OK, how's Sanders going to win enough primaries to register in the national delegate race?

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

None of this matters. She is going to win the nomination. She just needs to avoid any impulse to veer left or court Bernie voters.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with you often, cran ... but why shouldn't she appeal to Bernie voters?

She's going to need them to win the national election. If they vote third-party (or just say "meh" about Hillary and don't vote at all) she's in trouble in November.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

She needs to stay in the middle and remain the grownup in the room. A SCOTUS nomination in the balance will give the far left plenty of reason to get out and vote and plenty of reason for interest groups to get them out.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I agree with you on this: If the Repubs refuse to consider any Obama Supreme Court nominee, and the November election becomes a referendum on pro-choice or pro-life, the Dems are in great shape.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Depends on how broadly you define "left-wing media."

If you're including the broadcast networks in that, no, that's not what I'd call a Sanders-friendly environment, nor is Sanders a manifestation of them.

12. LongTimeListener

She will lose a lot of middle voters by going Sanders' way. The lefties who say they won't vote for her now, they will when she's matched against a Republican.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.