1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Lulz!

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Starman, we may not agree on much but this floors me how those who may have nothing in common with a person like Trump support him.

I look my parents, 75 and retired. During the 80s, they considered Trump an evil corporate raider. Now they're organizing people for Trump. Good lord.

They've been in the camp of "I don't mind losing in November as long as it's a true conservative."

Now they love trump.

SFIND likes this.
  3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

True conservative? Really?

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Oops. Think I missed the point.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Did we know this?

Since the South Carolina contest moved up on the political calendar in 1980, no Republican has carried both New Hampshire and South Carolina and then failed to win the nomination. Two of those three predecessors, Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, went on to win the White House.

First Take: History is now on Donald Trump's side

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It just amazes me that anyone could possibly believe Trump has any interest in anything other than his own enrichment and aggrandizement, when he's made his whole career out of proclaiming loudly he has no such interests.

Hell, the other schmucks, Rs and Ds alike, at least pretend they're doing stuff "for the good of the people,"and might even end up doing so by accident once in a while.

Trump never even pretends he's doing anything for the benefit of anybody besides Donald Trump.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Fun to note how this thread had degenerated over the past five pages into a thread where hard-core liberals who are completely ignorant on what conservativism is, discuss what's best for conservatives.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Conservatives seem to have such a handle on what conservativism is, too!

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Should be interesting to see if Trump and Cruz land (or want?) more endorsements from current members of Congress. Cruz has 23 (all members of the House), Trump zero. And how this will impact the Senate and House races in the fall.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The House members who've endorsed Cruz are the diehards who allied with him during the government shutdown. They're only marginally more popular with less radical (there's really no other word that fits, and it applies to tactics more than ideology) House members and Senators than Cruz is. I'm not sure Trump wants any endorsements. If your campaign is based on people angry with their party leaders, why being in party leaders? Clinton has all but maybe three elected Democrats already lined up in support, and in terms of influencing actual voters, you'd have to say their influence has been minimal at best.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Agreed. And you would have to think that Trump and Cruz need members of Congress a lot less than the other way around. At least until after the elections.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

OK, how about you educate us then. Who in the GOP race is the best representative of conservatism and as a result would be the perfect choice for President this fall?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.