1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Is there exacta wagering?

SnarkShark likes this.
  2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It's a poll of Democrat voters. ;)

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is that poll from a parallel universe? Or just one pulled out of Hillary's dream?
    The GOP could pull a 180, nominate Bernie Sanders if he loses to Hillary, and still win the southern states and most of the midwest. If Hillary is the alternative, they could put up "None of the Above" and still win those states.

SnarkShark likes this.
  4. old_tony

He does it right, too. Unlike Trump, he gets tan rather than orange.

5. old_tony

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I saw a newer map that was solid blue except for Alaska.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Saw someone on Twitter mention a reporter's experience at a Trump rally and I had a similar one a few months ago.

I'm on the press risers as Trump is in the middle of one of his 75-minute ramble sessions. He goes into his shtick about how the press and the media are awful. Whatever, I can handle that.

Then he says someone along the lines of "look to the back there and all the reporters. They're terrible!"

Much of the crowd looks at us and boos, I catch a few "fuck you"s and then I lock eyes with a 50ish woman who yells that and gives me the finger.

A woman who I once worked with on a story to raise money for kids with cancer. A wonderful story that touched the start of thousands.

Now she's flipping me off at a Trump rally because she's under the spell of an asshole.

To the Trump people, every solution is simple. Every person who is struggling is because it's their own fault. Every immigrant is evil.

He brings out the worst in people.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not sure the so-called ceiling won't be raised considerably as he gains momentum and Republicans come to the realization he's going to be their candidate.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I'm there with the realization that Trump will be the nominee.

It absolutely sucks but Republicans have been asking for this over the last three election cycles. Batshit tea party nominees lose five very winnable Senate seats from 2010 and 12, the establishment tells the tea partiers to only send money but leave the nominating to the grown ups and the tea partiers respond by backing Donald damn Trump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.