1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

At this point, I think while there might be short-term damage to the GOP with a Trump nomination - they are still likely to keep the House. Much more potential damage to the party if they go against their voters.

exmediahack likes this.
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah the House is safely in GOP hands.

But the GOP is defending 24 Senate seats and the Democrats only 10. The Dems very well could end up +5 there, and Trump at the top of the ticket isn't going to help GOP chances any.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I do appreciate that you have a sense of humor about this stuff.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I find politics fascinating.

Electing the first African- American as President in 2008, even though I didn't support him, was an incredible milestone for America.

This election cycle might be the even more memorable, and unpredictable. Trump is such a loose cannon, and yet he'll likely be the Republican nominee.

5. cranberry

It will be a fucking circus.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

How have I embarrassed myself, Mr. Cut and Run?

7. cranberry

I'm begging you. Please don't start this again.

JackReacher, JC and YankeeFan like this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If you don't know, I won't be able to explain it to you.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

People angry about their economic state will vote for a billionaire who benefited from his father's fortune.

People who hate "elitists" and "insiders" will vote for a guy who is a walking example of the former and obviously yearns to be the latter.

People who think Christianity is under attack will vote for a guy who has said he's never asked God for forgiveness.

People who hate political correctness will vote for a guy who has the thinnest skin of any politician in the nation.

People who think Trump can't win at this point are more optimistic than I am.

Donny in his element and SFIND like this.
  10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The people that support the same party as you think you are embarrassing yourself. Does this not tell you something?

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And working people who feel fucked over by the upper crust will vote for a one-percenter who has fucked over thousands of working people one bankruptcy filing at a time.

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I just wish everyone who does vote for Trump has to be on the record as doing so, as you're essentially raising your hand and saying, "Yup, I'm a racist."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.