1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Yeah, Hillary- that bulwark of strength under fire. Fuck I thought you were smarter than this.
    Why don't you watch this video and ask yourself whether HRC is nimble enough to parry these tactics.
    (The answer is she's not.)

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for Trump to start in on Rubio. Christie already showed how vulnerable he is to being bullied.

I think that's part of why Rubio has yet to take on Trump. Trump is the front runner, but Rubio is still treating him with kid gloves instead of going after him.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm as pissed off as anyone by this trump nonsense. It's humiliating for the party and the country. He might actually get me to vote for Hillary fricken Clinton. Still, this is silly.

There's a great segment on this week's This American Life about a black, gay high schooler who is working on the trump campaign (kind of).

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"Marco? More like Darko, 'cause he's Mexican. Am I right? Hey Dezi, maybe we'll put a net around Haiti or wherever it is you're from..."

Riptide likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Is upfront racism driving the Trump campaign. To some extent, sure. But IMO not nearly so much as the desire of people to say "fuck you" to American society in general in 2016.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I am surprised the outrage Jeb, Little Marco and the rest have shown to Trump's bullying.
    All Trump has done is rip a page from the Bush family playbook- formations Jeb and Marco were only too happy to run when it helped them up the ladder.
    Marco is an even bigger pussy than Jeb- the real fun is still coming. If you thought Marco was tugging hard on that water a few months ago, wait for this.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

This must be what Berlin felt like in 1932.

Vombatus likes this.
  8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's famous.

That's what's driving it.

He's famous.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The source of that desire is that white people don't have it quite as good anymore.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In the last 50 years it has become "politically correct" to no longer express blatant naked racism out loud.

The moron army led by Trump is rebelling against this "political correctness."

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I liked the segment but after 35 minutes, they were still on the story.

Black kid, orphan, is adopted by two evangelicals in South Carolina. They find out the boy is gay in the 8th grade. They have tried the last four years to pray the gay of the kid. It hasn't worked (Shocker!)

The whole family is pro Ted Cruz.

The kid is in a quandry. If he supports a democrat, he's REALLY blackballed. And the kid doesn't like the 'free stuff' stance of Bernie. So he supports trump. Trump is batshit crazy on many things, but he is silent about gay marriage.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Absolutely. If it was Random Republican Candidate X saying most of these things, he'd be on the fringe and probably be out of the race now. He's getting the people who think it's "cool" to vote for the obnoxious guy on TV.

The one legitimate thing he's tapping into, though, is that people DO want to be proud of their country again. Democrats have been preaching for the last 10-15 years that America is the source of all the world's ills and that it's a dirty, rotten, evil country. Obama ran a successful presidential campaign on it. It's simply not true. Even admitting that, as a country, we're not boy scouts, we still do more good than harm in the world.
    You can only tell people they suck for so long before they A) start to believe it; or B) reject the idea and rebel against it.
    Americans, by and large, are ready for option B. Their self-loathing is starting to reach its limit.
    Unfortunately, it's taken a megalomaniac to bring that out of people. He's done it, however, by being the only one to offer it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.