1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That's bullshit, and anyone with an IQ above 50 knows it.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

What I hate is that there is, literally, no good option in this race.
    We've had 120 pages and counting of why Trump sucks and is dangerous, so no need to rehash those.
    Rubio just plain sucks.
    I like Cruz. I think he's the best option available. A bit far to the right, but at least he seems rational and level-headed. But I can see why people aren't on board with him. I'm not sure he's what the country needs right now.
    Sanders is just as bitter about the direction of the country as any Trump voter. He just has different ideas.
    Hillary is a Democrat version of Nixon -- paranoid, spiteful, and corrupt to the core.

The worst part about Hillary isn't even her character traits. It's that, if elected, she'll view it as validation for those character traits and amp them up even more. Hillary is worse than Trump. At least with Trump, we can see he's a slimy D-Bag. People are so enamored with the idea of Hillary being the first woman president that they willingly overlook her sliminess.

So who are the Libertarians running this year? Can we get a groundswell of support for them?

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Kindly point to the times in recent history (say, the last 40 years or so) in which the leaders of the Democratic Party said the president should not nominate a Supreme Court justice solely because they are a lame duck.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If you've missed all the examples already posted, you're even dumber than I thought.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree completely. An administration determined to give that little nudge over the cliff, though, could be all it takes to turn the industry -- and the concept of a free press as we know it, with the resources necessary to chase big important stories -- from "struggling" to "extinct."

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

First, no one has been saying that.

Secondly, it becomes more true every second Donald Effing Trump is a legitimate candidate for our presidency.

These dumbass Trump supporters are slowly but surely giving America the label they *think* they're rebelling against.

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

you really think people are self-loathing? So let's go start a war to feel good about ourselves?

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Batman, Gary Johnson is the only Libertarian candidate worth voting for.
    OTHER THAN TRUMP, there is not a single candidate in the field who will not say anything to get elected.
    The primaries and the debates both have borne that out. That is why his name won't go away.
    Trump and Hillary in debate- talk about popcorn time. He'll arrange Paula Jones, Whitewater and Goldman Sachs around her neck like a Bubba Clinton pearl necklace.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Bullshit. It's been the Democrat party slogan since 2004. Obama is still skating by for his mediocre presidency -- a seven-plus year term -- by blaming George W. Bush for problems he inherited. Damn near every left-wing group out there blasts the U.S. as a misogynist, racist, sexist, intolerant, irresponsible nation on every social issue, no matter what it is. Call the sky blue, and they'll go on a 20-minute diatribe about how it's blue because the corrupt white male power structure wanted it to resemble the blue eyes of white people, and they pump pollutants into the air to keep it that way.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Already refuted the Obama and Biden "examples." Next.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

You think he's not going democratic because of social/family pressure? He came out as gay and jumped out of a moving car. I think he could fearlessly vote for Hillary. The kid is a real republican, he just believes it. Sounds like Carlton banks.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Baron, I'm really not looking to get in the middle of this, but you're trying to do the impossible. You sound like someone trying to prove he's not drunk. The more you protest, the more your opponents take it as evidence that you are. Not sure what you can do about it, but i don't think this is working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.