1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Anybody who gives a flying fuck about any of that shit already decided they hated Hitlerry 20 years ago.

Everyone else will do the fist-pumping jackoff gesture.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Acknowledging past mistakes and not putting our heads in the sand regarding serious inequality issues in this country are not the same as saying "America is the source of all the world's evils."

Our country is fucked up, and has been for quite some time. Do we want to acknowledge and fix it, or do we want "Rah rah! Yay America!" delusions?

Also, one thing regarding Bush vs. Obama: The mistakes Bush made did a great deal of damage to our standing in the world. Anyone who doesn't see that doesn't want to see it.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Star Man-
    Yes, let's not make people answerable for their high crimes and misdemeanors. Let's let Hillary play president for four years, "because she's earned it."

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

Like i said before, I really liked the story. But why that was 40 minutes, I will never know.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Because you say so? That's not how it works.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You boys have been breathlessly telling us Hitlerry was about to be dragged into the dock for twenty five god damn mother fucking years. So this is the year your train finally reaches the station.

And really she's only "earned" it in comparison to the incompetent unqualified buffoons among her opponents, most of whom ain't qualified to run a condom vending machine at an Alabama truck stop.

7. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Rubio just plain sucks, but Cruz is rational and level-headed? Cruz has said climate change is a religious belief and has said net neutrality is "Obamacare" for the internet. He's also a slimeball. Rubio's had severe missteps but he least seems to have some grasp of reality.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Cruz gets less likable the more he talks. Especially when he goes into preacher mode after a primary. He is almost as unelectable as Trump as both men have such little empathy for people who may be struggling.

I am a conservative Republican but Trump and Cruz make me embarassed to be one because they're assholes.

SFIND and Ace like this.
  9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

One thing I'm eager to see is how the establishment handles the campaign with Trump as the GOP nominee. After a year of talking about what a disaster it would be for the country, does GOP leadership get behind him? Or do they disavow him and try to craft some weird message about congressional and gubernatorial races, knowing that enthusiasm for the presidential candidate is the biggest driver of turnout?

I don't go back with historical knowledge of the Whigs, but I think it's fair to say this is going to be -- perhaps already is -- the weirdest U.S. election anyone alive today has experienced.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/donald-trump-gop-nightmare-219652#ixzz40zeXEx9b

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I knew the grim reality was setting in when RickStain caved.

YankeeFan and RickStain like this.
  12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Trump is an outlier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.