1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

You didn't really think this crazy election could go on as scheduled without one token holy roller, did you.
    The current president had a Messiah complex, as well.
    So nothing new.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

It's funny because I worked in sports for 15 years (and still do on occasion) so I'm not that "awed" when dealing with the politicians. Some I find fascinating because we built a low level relationship where I would chat college football with Perry, Jindal, Graham and Rubio as we would wait for the mics and the cameras to get ready. O'Malley only wanted to talk Orioles so I was happy to ask him about the 2014 ALCS.

What I have appreciated is when some of their handlers noted that I did my homework on these. Apparently that's not always the case.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The funniest intersection of sports and politics I ever witnessed was in San Diego the morning of Super Bowl XXXII. The Lewinsky deal had just broken and of course all the Washington bigwigs who were there for the game wanted to get their two cents in. They did not, however, want their constituents to know they were out at the game having fun at this moment of national crisis (ha!). So some set designer rigged up a part of the Marriott lobby to look like a den or an office, dark colors, fake bookshelves, etc. That's where they did the liveshots.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

For the 44th time? I'll let the first 43 stand. You were too stupid to get the first 43, I don't think one more will help.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

What in the flying fuck is this? Holy shit.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

You are fucking deranged.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't know. On the one hand, according to records, Cruz wasn't born until two years after the first Zodiac killings. However, the killer hasn't been caught, and some say Cruz could in fact be the man.

I don't think we'll ever get the real answer.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

To boil it down, the left (including a large number of Democrat politicians, including the president) has been telling the American people for the past decade-plus that they're assholes. We use too many resources, we're destroying the Earth, we start all of the world's wars, we're the worst country on Earth because some people are richer than others, none of the incredible things we've accomplished in the past mean anything because we treated (insert minority group here) badly a century ago, etc., etc.
    The American people (call them bitter white people if it makes you feel better, but it's really Americans at large) listened to it for a while, let it slide or took it to heart, and now they're tired of hearing it.
    Trump is telling them that they're not assholes. That's a big part of why he's enjoying the popularity he is.

SpeedTchr and old_tony like this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Proving my point AGAIN.

There hasn't been any refuting of the merits of my argument. Obama went on record with his filibuster. The Republicans don't want to go on record with their objections. Biden was referring to previous Supreme Court fights, and was discussing a president who could be re-elected for another four years. Republicans are just referring to the fact that they don't like the president, and that he shouldn't nominate anyone because he only has 11 months left. Am I wrong about this. HOW?

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I have never heard a single one of these arguments. But I'll take your word for it. For my own safety. Christ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.