1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's fine when I hear conservatives settle on him as the reasonable candidate. Trump is Trump. Cruz is a crazy religious zealot. To me, Rubio is for all the same things as Cruz, he just says them in a more easy-to-digest way.

He comes across as trying to appeal to all the crazies and benefactors he needs to check off on his list.

This is your guy?

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

There is no specific "about" really. They are angry because they are pummeled with anger and provocation all day, every day by media sources and co-opted institutions like prosperity gospel churches. The "about" is immaterial. It can be whatever.

Trump is all those media sources in human form.

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This just begs the question, though.

They are pummeled with anger and provocation all day. OK. Anger and provocation about what? A health care law? Same sex marriage? What?

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Clearly, they're mad because Obama took their guns...

BDC99 likes this.
  5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Muslims, those people getting free stuff, #blacklivesmatter, other countries now bowing down to us, etc.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think Rubio has to say all that to have a chance at election. That's where the party is. Bush and Kasich, the moderates, get pounded.

The course correction away from the right-wing blogs and Fox News will take years to complete. They've completed captured and wooed most older conservatives. It's embarrassing.

SFIND likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

I think it's Creosote who has said it over and over again: There is a portion of Americans who want to be able to say "nigger" again while they are sitting around the lunch counter, with no social consequences. I do think that "political correctness" has gotten out of hand, particularly at universities. But the Trump supporters, some of them at least, take it to an extreme. They want to say "nigger." They want to say "kike." They want to say "chink." They want to say "wetback" and "sand nigger" and "towel head" and "c**t."

All those other things just flow from that, the original sin.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yes, yes and yes. All of it. The state of the world, in general. Whatever you got. A vague sense that the government controls far too much of our lives -- when, in reality, it's just technology and the Internet -- and Democrats are to blame for it.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As Charles Barkley said on TNT, "I'm sorry Trump voters, but you're the reason your lives suck."

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You certainly want to say it.

Now, shove it off on Creosote ...

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

From the article:
    Public Policy Polling is a company aligned with the Democratic Party, and some of its results over the years have been suspected of bias.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Certainly.

And as I understand it, the question was framed: "Do you disagree with the executive order freeing the slaves after the Civil War?"

So they could rationalize it as a pushback against executive power.

Now let me ask you this: Do you get the feeling that Trump's voters are particularly supportive of a weak executive?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.