1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Wouldn't Trump pick his daughter for VP?

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm very interested in who might be Trump's running mate. At some point do the GOP power players accept he's going to be the nominee and work with him to find a reasonable VP candidate?

I'm not a huge Biden fan, but I'd vote for him in a second over Trump, Cruz or Clinton. I could also see Trump baiting him into saying something stupid if they go head to head.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I am curious how "real" traditional Republicans feel about Trump. I suspect there's a lot of, well, if he can win I'm behind him sentiment. I don't know, I'm not smart enough to know all the nuances. I just can't come to grips with a carnival barker as president.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Don't get Starman started.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It won't be the first time, nor the last.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'd be OK with the carnival barking exterior - hell, it'd be a breath of fresh air in some ways - if the person could settle down and display some substance underneath. I haven't seen enough of that out of him.

Batman likes this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Don't have to work too hard to do that.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Palin was an idiot. Trump is not.

Palin got exposed by Katie Couric.

Trump emasculated Jeb Bush, the party's chosen one, and exposed him as a chump.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

This is a great question. Trump has completely annihilated everyone in the field and it's hard to see him picking one of them up off the mat to get the VP nod. He's gone lightest in on Rubio (Christie was his Clemenza on that hit) so maybe him?

Hillary will get the nomination, without a doubt. Taking Sanders as VP would appease his base to an extent but I don't think her establishment connections would like it much.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm not really up on politics the way a lot of people here are. Is there a Republican up-and-comer who would make a good VP candidate? Who is the GOP's version of Obama from 10 years ago? Get him or her on the ticket to take over the office once Trump does something impeachable or simply gets tired of being president and quits, right?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

McCain/Palin were going up against a historic candidate with an incredible ground game and cutting edge digital strategy.

Trump will be going against somebody the right has been vilifying since her husband first ran for attorney general in Arkansas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.