1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

I'd say about 80 percent of any of these. Top 100 Examples of Arrogance of the Obama Presidency in 2013
    His "we won" and "elections have consequences" governing like a guy who thinks he won by 60 percent of the margin. Real leaders find ways to work with the other side. He never intended to work with the other side, on anything. His "evolving" position on gay marriage, no matter which side you were on, was a lie on his part. Real courage and class would have been to declare before Rick Warren in the McCain debate, "I believe in marriage liberty." But no, he said plainly he was against it. He didn't kid anyone who knew but to say his position "evolved" is just plain intellectually dishonest. I t.hink it would have far more spoken to a positive character to believe what you say and say what you mean. Elections have consequences, and they sure as hell change your personality.

old_tony likes this.
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"I earned capital in this campaign, political capital, and I intend to spend it."

--Dubya, November 2004, after winning 50.7 percent of the vote

He took what you might call a lighter tone, however.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

YES!

That would put him on top of her in the org chart.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What the hell does any of that have to do with arrogance?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Not sure what changing positions on an issue has to do with arrogance.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I don't think there's a single one of those "examples" you could actually defend. Pathetic. It all amounts to "uppity black guy we don't like." Love your reading sources, though.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I would agree.
    Let's keep it moving forward and thanks again everyone

Vombatus and HanSenSE like this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Kasich is running for Veep. Every answer he makes starts "Well as governor of Ohio..." just in case anyone had forgotten his ties there.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Trump will not be elected President. He will be the R nominee. But that's it. Clinton will be the next President.

This is fairly easy to call, I think.

SFIND, Dick Whitman and cranberry like this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yep.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's odd that you call Trump the "lesser of evils" but then trot out the "Hillary couldn't satisfy Bill!" line as a mark against her.

This either goes one of two ways - Trump wins and causes major reformations of both parties or he loses, the Rs wander in the wilderness for a few years and it sets the plate for Tom Cotton or Ryan Zinke to run at the White House.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.