1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Does Hillary cheat at golf?

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Tony does. :cool:

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Ok, so that +6 Sanders nationally poll just seemed weird. I've been seeing him get trounced all week in state polling, and even if Sanders at +6 makes sense, it would be more likely to be something like 49-43 than Clinton deep in the 30s.

But what makes sense to me is not the standard for reality, so if the poll was there, it is there. So I went looking for it.

I went to Reuters site and didn't see any big headlines from them about a Sanders lead. They show Clinton with a slight lead in their latest poll, which you could call a tie if you were so inclined.

Then when you click on it, it lets you fiddle with the various crosstabs. You can include/exclude various demographics and tendencies. Some hacky site fiddled with the sliders until they found the most Sanders-friendly split they could and wrote a clickbait headline about it.

So no, as of yet, no horse race has emerged on the Democratic side.

franticscribe and Dick Whitman like this.
  4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Dorf on golf.

BDC99 likes this.
  5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

No, just at everything else.

Songbird and YankeeFan like this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah, Bernie people were flipping out last night. No way this was accurate. These campaign will grab onto anything to try to display momentum.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I think many of them stay home. Youthful idealism and compromise don't often coexist. Of Bernie's younger supporters, they fall into, "Break up the banks," or, "Blow up the system." The "Blow up the system" group could stay home or vote Trump.

9. Dick Whitman

I don't think this will have as much of an effect as you guys think it will. It's not like there is record turnout for the Democratic primaries so far. He's not Barack Obama. College kids today want to have their own Obama. Bernie's not it. Hillary is going to win the nomination, and I think, though not with 100 percent certainty, that she is going to beat Trump comfortably in the general election. She'll be a competent president that can't win with about 40 percent of the population, no matter what.

10. Dick Whitman

The question is: How the hell can the GOP get Ted Cruz to exit this race as soon as possible? I guess there's no way he'll do it before Super Tuesday, which would have been ideal. Promise him the VP spot and start campaigning together? How do you get him out?

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Cruz isn't going anywhere. It's not like he would listen to the party establishment, which already hates him.

The GOP created its own nightmare. The top two candidates are completely out of their control.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Pretty hard to get Cruz out when, by most measures other than pundit opinion, he is doing better than Rubio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.