1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The dilemma is that the more the other Republicans unite to stop Trump, they more they validate his message that a corrupt party elite is out to screw regular voters yet again.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Anyone else singing the thread title to the tune of Sweet Caroline?

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

And if they were to somehow comeback and win the nomination it would pretty much guarantee a third-party run by Trump.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm no grammar expert by all means, but the sentence says that it's the professor's statistical model that has correctly predicted elections for 104 years.

Is the professor at least 104 years old, or is it someone else's model that he's claiming is his, or has modified?

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Com'on Baron, you know what it means. Model was backrun on previous elections and it held up. Expecting grammar from a Drudge (or anyone's) tweet? Those are high standards.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I am NOW, damn you! :)

SFIND and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Bah, Bah, Bah!

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"I thought the worst thing that would come true was everyone wearing Crocs."

[​IMG]

The Writer of Idiocracy Is Very Sad About Correctly Predicting the Future

In the decade since Mike Judge's Idiocracy was released, a lot of very smart people on the internet have taken to joking that the movie was actually a documentary. Now the movie's co-writer, Etan Cohen, agrees. In a series of tweets posted Wednesday, Cohen signed on to the idea that the ostensibly fictional futuristic universe of the film — which features a virulently anti-intellectual America led by a former professional wrestler — has come true. Judge himself has expressed similar sentiments; as he told the Verge in 2014, "People will email and post stuff on my Twitter that’s like, 'Hey, you predicted it right!' So that’s always nice. But it’s not always nice because you want the world to become a better place." It is probably too late for that.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/02/idio...urate-the-movie-was.html?mid=facebook_vulture

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It is insanely easy to create a model that backfits to previous results with 100% accuracy.

I won't say Trump has no chance. It is just that as he sits now, he steers straight into the demographic problems the GOP has been failing to solve for 20 years. A Republican winner in 2016 needs to make inroads outside of white men, and Trump has problems even compared to the average a Republican candidate on that front.

If he has a plan nobody is seeing to fix all that, it better be a helluva plan.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hell, I can go back further than that with 100 percent certainty. I like that Lincoln fella in the 1860 election.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

How did Baron's quote get attributed to me? :)

I'd like to think that I don't think like Baron.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.