1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Where exactly can Rubio win?

Trump Leads Rubio by 16 Points in New Florida Poll

With 19 days to go before the Florida Republican primary, GOP front-runner Donald Trump has opened up a 16-point lead over Sen. Marco Rubio.

The Quinnipiac poll result is a red flag for the Rubio campaign. The junior senator from Florida has failed to win any of the early nominating contests and faces an absolute must-win situation in Florida, where he has a home-field advantage. A Trump victory in the swing state – as well as its 99 delegates – would be a major win and potentially seal his path to the nomination.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

LongTimeListener likes this.
  3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I will pay Starman to show up at a debate and go, well, Starman on Trump. The whole shootin' match. And then punch him in the face, since Trump seems to think it's ok to punch people.

SFIND likes this.
  4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I understand that as a general rule, but this is the last debate before Super Tuesday, and if Trump racks up on that he's going to be very difficult to stop. Both Cruz and Rubio have to see the math, and know that they have to find a way to blunt his momentum somehow. Rubio showing a spine would help break the perception of him as something of a pussy, and if he can draw Trump into an actual debate of any substance he should be able to handle him. Rubio has moved past his Robo Rubio gaffe, but no one has forgotten it. The other side of that is that I'm sure that Trump has not, and that he'll be looking for someone new to bully with Bush gone. I think some sparks are going to fly tonight. What do they risk, getting behind? If Trump takes Texas and Florida they are both screwed and they know it.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

There has to be some example in the animal kingdom where two undercards marshal their strengths and destroy the alpha predator.
    Then try to eliminate the other in kind, with better chances of overall survival.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Those two dolts don't seem to have the intellectual firepower, nor the balls, to destroy this alpha predator.

If they do decide to do it, someone please have several cases of water ready to hydrate Rubio.

3_Octave_Fart likes this.
  9. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

[/QUOTE]
    Well maybe so. But the "elections have consequences" fits it perfectly. And the mandate is doubtful at 53 percent of the vote. 60-plus, certainly.
    On another subject, being a registered Republican, it's frustrating to see how a 13-horse race is coming down to a point that often seems bumbling but a lot of that's media driven. Personally I think Rubio is the best long-term horse in the race to November, though when our primary rolls around I'm not sure I'll go that way. It would be interesting to see a Trump-Sanders showdown only because of what it represents as non-establishment sentiment on both sides. It's also going to be interesting should Sanders find a way to get the vote majority only to lose it via super-delegates or a brokered convention. Whether it be Trump or Sanders, if those hard-core followers feel screwed and decide to sit out the general, someone's election is in jeopardy

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

"Marco, whatever strategy we take tonight, we cannot allow a glass of water to be anywhere near you."

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No shit?

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

By the by, did I miss this discussion, or have we not touched this from the Nevada victory speech?

“We won the evangelicals, we won with young, we won with old, we won with highly educated, we won with poorly educated! I love the poorly educated.”

YankeeFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.