1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sweet God, is this awesome.

3_Octave_Fart and SpeedTchr like this.
  2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

That. Is. Awesome.

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

It was predictable that Rubio and Cruz would portray Trump as someone whose campaign contributions over time, comments from yesteryear and herky-jerky swerves in the present all call into question how committed and trustworthy a conservative he is.

But they lavished nearly as much energy on revealing Trump as an empty suit — as someone who cannot provide any policy details because he doesn’t have any detailed policies. They asked for those details. Again and again. He responded with insults and boasts.

The moderators pressed him for those details. He responded with boasts and insults. And at one cringe-inducing moment, he batted away a question from Hugh Hewitt by saying: “Very few people listen to your radio show.”

Trump never got around to explaining how his health care plan would keep people from dying in the streets without committing the government to significantly increased spending. He never got around to explaining much of anything.

And in the context of that void — and of Rubio’s imitation of a typical Trump answer — his most shopworn, banal phrases stood out.

“We’re going to win a lot,” Trump said, for the millionth time.

“Believe me,” he said, for the trillionth. Those two evasive words sounded smaller and sillier than ever.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/o...targeted-trump.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't get this either. I haven't seen much evidence he's a believer, or at he very least a bible-reading, scripture citing kinda guy.

It's something that doesn't bother me, but this act he's putting on about being religious is pretty transparent.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Batman-
    I have tears in my eyes and my lungs hurt from laughing at that. Thank you.
    This election is a fuck load of fun once you place your general disgust aside and enjoy it for the crazy jaunt it is.

8. SnarkShark

"Secular evangelicals" = bullshit.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

What part of Dah Holee By-bull of Jaysus says it's OK to ass-fuck your 42DD daughter?

Was it the Sermon on the Mount?

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

As the five remaining Republican presidential candidates battled it out in the Houston debate on Thursday, failed GOP candidate Sen. Lindsey Graham entertained a crowd at the Washington Press Club's annual congressional dinner with his true feelings on the 2016 race. "My party has gone batshit crazy," Graham told the crowd. The South Carolina senator lashed out at presidential frontrunner Donald Trump, adding that he thinks the billionaire will lose in the general election "because he's just generally a loser as a person and a candidate," he said. Making light of his own failed campaign and subsequent endorsement of Bush, who dropped out on Saturday, Graham called himself the Dr. Kevorkian of the Republican primary before putting on a Trump hat.

Lindsey Graham: GOP is 'Batsh*t Crazy'

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Cruz by himself can stop Trump, and Rubio by himself can stop Trump. But as long as all three are in the race, Trump can ride his 40 percent to the nomination.

SFIND likes this.
  12. SnarkShark

I don't understand this rationale. Seems to me most Cruz supporters would move to Trump before going to Rubio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.