1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that's true.

But, what's worse, is that I don't think Bill and/or Hillary Clinton (or Martin O'Malley) actually thought that mass incarceration would make America (Baltimore/Maryland) safer. They were just willing to lock away a generation of African-American youth for their own personal political power.

Isn't that a lot worse than believing it would work?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

How does locking away their base bolster their political power?

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee comes close.
    I'd vote for any of them over Trump.

Jesse Tyler Ferguson was in the original cast.

4. Dick Whitman

I don't think you're totally off the mark here.

I also think that we understand a lot more about criminal justice policy in 2016 than we did in 1996.

5. YankeeFan

You can't be serious.

They've always pandered to the African-American base, as they need the turnout, but they've never given a shit about them, as they vote 90% or more for Dems faithfully.

And, the Dems have always been good about paying off African-American leaders in order to gin up the black vote. From giving Jesse Jackson's kids Budweiser distributorships, to handing out cash on election day to African-American ministers to get their members to the polls, Dems have exploited the African-American vote for over 50 years.

But the Dems also know they need a percentage of "white working class voters" to win elections. And, they've used racist dog whistles as effectively as any Republican candidate ever has.

A felony conviction robs someone of the right to vote. That felon means nothing to the Clintons once they can't vote.

Locking them up for life to appeal to white voters, concerned about rising crime, wouldn't give a Clinton a moment's pause.

They don't care about women, children, or minorities. They care about their own personal power.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He sure didn't win the spelling bee.

7. Dick Whitman

OK, this is what I was looking for.

8. LongTimeListener

9. YankeeFan

Meaning what?

10. Dick Whitman

Meaning they can't vote anyway. That's what I wasn't thinking about.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

His misspellings lend more credence (to me) that he is actually writing his own tweets. I like him even more.

After his takedown of Romney yesterday, I am willing to cut him some slack.

Trump's twitter account is the first worthwhile thing I have ever seen from twitter (except for local food trucks tweeting out their locations. That is pretty cool).

12. LongTimeListener

I'm on pins and needles. VP? Tax returns? Ted Cruz is in fact the Zodiac Killer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.