1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

He's going to execute a Mexican.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

OK. Wasn't sure what you were getting at.

3. YankeeFan

Even if he was going to hold a public execution, it would be a criminal Mexican, not one just chosen at random.

4. YankeeFan

90% of Americans -- myself included -- don't even catch his typos/misspellings unless someone points them out.

And, even then...

5. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

He's going to own up to Starman's allegations and inexplicably boost his poll numbers.

SpeedTchr, Inky_Wretch and SFIND like this.
  6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Raise your hand if you think his troglodyte supporters are good enough spellers to even notice this.

7. YankeeFan

My point exactly, even if I don't appreciate being called a troglodyte. (Whatever the fuck that means. I imagine it's not a compliment.)

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Looks like Trump deleted his spelling errors and reissued corrected tweets, which are now at the top of his timeline.

He'd call Cruz or Rubio a very bad name for doing that.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

A lot of the media seemed pretty desperate (none more so than the NY Times) to position the debate as a win for Rubio. I watched the whole silly thing and I got no such impression.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Agreed. My only question is, are they doing this because of some establishment bias, or are they doing this because they don't want the primary season wrapped up by Super Tuesday?

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Establishment bias is a big part of it, but the elite political media really bought into that "the party decides" poli sci theory and if Trump gets the nomination, that theory is revealed as about as real as the Laffer Curve. They just don't want to have to eat a year's worth of horribly wrong predictions. Might give people the idea they don't know what they're talking about.

cranberry likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

I didn't watch it. Are you telling me Rubio wasn't as incredible as I heard?

Was Trump as bad as I'm being told?

As much as I enjoy the Trump spectacle, I'd love to support a Rubio campaign.

But, if he gets the nomination somehow, he better be prepared to win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.