1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Rubio wasn't incredible, no. It seemed like Trump was a little flustered at the beginning but then settled down.

Rubio is still way too rehearsed. That guy, if you talked to him for a half-hour and he didn't know what was coming, he would come off as a bigger idiot than Palin.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

There's a difference between a smart person who's not good with spelling and your average Trump supporter, who, truth be told, is too stupid to be trusted with a vote.

3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I thought it was a obvious win for Rubio. He and Cruz showed numerous times what a hypocrite Trump is. Rubio contrasted Trump's bitching about illegal immigrants to his bankroll of their employment, supporting American workers' jobs to his clothing line being produced in China/Mexico, talking about being great businessman to his multiple failures/bankruptcies. Even turned around Trump's attack about the New Hampshire debate by saying, "You say the same five things all the time," and them ratted them off.

Watch: Marco Rubio finally landed a great hit on Donald Trump

4. LongTimeListener

SFIND and Inky_Wretch like this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

My senior year of high school, one of my classmates was fast asleep in the front row of our AP history class.

The teacher looked at him, and talked about how he kept up with the issues and such, and lamented the fact that within a year, the fellow who was sleeping through class would soon have a vote equal to his.

6. YankeeFan

Graham can be really funny. If he didn't run again, or resigned, I could see him doing very well on TV.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Graham later admitted he support Trump is he was the nominee, comparing it to have a ticket on the Titanic.

8. LongTimeListener

That's exactly what I'm getting at, Inky -- do these guys think they can send out the MIB team to mind-erase everyone?

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

Esquire tells me that Rubio destroyed Trump:

10. LongTimeListener

I think he wrote that before the debate started and then waited for the most appropriate clip to insert into the coding.

"Rubio destroys Trump" was the A-matter (advance copy) in every reporter's machine by 5 p.m.

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The more Trump has to articulate policy, the more evident it seems to me that he's basically a Blue Dog Democrat running for the Republican primary because he leans right on immigration.

SFIND and YankeeFan like this.
  12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I'm as hardcore a conservative as there is (minus the racism and love for big business that seems to have taken over the definition of that word).

If Trump ends up the nominee, I will not only NOT vote for him, I will actively campaign against the douchebag. If it comes down to a choice between Il Douche and Comrade Sanders, I'm pulling a disappearing act to Costa Rica.

SFIND likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.