1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Same here. I won't vote for Trump but I will vote for the downticket Senators and Congress elections. If Hillary wins but has a Republican Congress, I can live with that.

I know cranberry will disagree here but I thought Rubio was very solid last night and, yes, he destroyed Trump because Rubio puts his chips into The Donald to make him raise or fold. Most times, Trump folded because he has no specifics on health care, no specifics on foreign policy.

One tact I'm surprised that hasn't been said from Rubio was, "eight years ago, we elected a person who became famous on television shows," look at Trump and say, "Why would we do that again?" That should resonate with Republicans.

I did watch the Luntz 'focus group' on Fox afterwards and, goodness, the Trump supporters are some of the dumbest living people I've ever seen.

old_tony, YankeeFan and SFIND like this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump's policy preferences defy labels such as Blue Dog. They defy the word policy as it is commonly understood. They're a series of grandiose and ruinously expensive proposals divorced from mathematical, let alone political, reality (his budget plan makes the wall with Mexico look feasible. They most resemble his golf course resort ideas, come to think of it.
    But they aren't really that different from Cruz's and Rubio's proposals. In order to compete with Trump, each has put forward plans that will be hard to sell in a general election, and impossible to impose if elected.

SFIND likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

PS: Christie has just endorsed Trump.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Rubio attack dog. Yes!

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Crime bill not really a significant player in mass incarceration one way or the other - the trend was going way up before the bill and actually abated some after. It wasn't a good law and didn't help. But it wasn't the cause of mass incarceration or the school to jail pipeline:
    [​IMG]

Alma likes this.
  6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I honestly can't believe how few of the posters here watch the debates. It baffles me. And yes, Rubio and Cruz destroyed Trump. It won't make a difference of course but they exposed a lot of his nonsense.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

His nonsense gets exposed every time he opens his stupid mouth. And it never moves the needle.

Rubio and Cruz are pissing into the wind.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The New Jersey kickback.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Friends close, enemies closer.

exmediahack likes this.
  11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You could probably better compare Trump with Reagan, if you were so inclined, than Obama.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The anti-drug laws passed under Reagan seemed to give a big lift to the mass incarceration movement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.