1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Donald wins, ends up floating down the East River ass up ... Veep Christie takes office ... and pot states burn to the ground.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Why? It's all bullshit and lies, with 70-percent of the stuff proposed never seeing the light of day when the person is elected. They're good for entertainment value and that's about it.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    SFIND likes this.
  3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Rubio and Cruz didn't say anything they'd actually do either.

Punditry told them they needed to go for blood. They went for blood. They scored some hits, but neither one sounded impressive at all when talking about any of their own idea. That's because, at heart, they don't have ideas and are not impressive.

Trump continues to do what he has done since last year: expose everyone else as being no better, ultimately, than he is.

YankeeFan, JackReacher and Songbird like this.
  4. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I don't know the details of the laws but they probably didn't do a hell of a lot either. Currently, 50% of all federal prisoners are there for drug offenses, but the thing is, there's just not that many federal crimes/prisoners. Most prisoners are at lower levels. So changes to federal law either way are a bit of a drop in the mass incarceration bucket (that doesn't make them good ideas, passed by Reagan or by Clinton).

I hate semantic argumentsand I don't want this to be one. But I think it's an important distinction just because if you think mass incarceration is bad, you also need to realize there's not much the federal government can do about it. It's something that needs to be tackled by the 50 states to have a meaningful impact.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

This is actually a great point. We get way too caught up in thinking it's all about the federal government on this issue (and many others).

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    SFIND and amraeder like this.
  8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Some, I assume, are good people.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

He said last night that Latinos love him.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Watching Trump right now in Fort Worth.

He taps into a George Wallace/Ross Perot level of anger.

At least those two had specifics to talk about.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Trump just said he is going to open up the libel laws. Say what now?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Was that his "big" announcement teased on Twitter?

SFIND likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.