1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I've started doing a lot more reading on George Wallace's campaign and how it came into being since I've wrapped my mind around the fact that Donald Trump is going to be the presidential nominee of the party (nominally, at least) of Abraham Lincoln.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

a televangelist now selling trump. Good lord. Literally.

3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

No, it was much bigger -- 54-inch waist bigger, I think.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, the Republicans were accusing the Democrats and Bill of being "soft on crime."

Now, even Republicans are admitting that the sentences are too harsh. Guess that makes them flip-floppers.

5. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

6. Baron Scicluna

Say hi to Rush from us.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

There's just no sugar-coating it: A vote for Trump is an endorsement of racism, sexism, xenophobia and lying, because that's exactly what he has expressed for years.

It's up to voters to decide if racism, sexism, xenophobia and lying is ok or not...but it's plain and simple that if you support Trump, you support everything he is about.

SpeedTchr and exmediahack like this.
  8. exmediahack

Maybe but, as I've aged and become a parent of some pretty engaged kids who are interested in public policy, I've mellowed on some things as well. Not on being pro-life but I am more lenient on mandatory sentences for drug offenders and same sex marriage where, 20 years ago, I was not.

Sometimes, evolving is a good thing.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yes

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Good to hear you have become lenient on mandatory sentences for same sex marriage!

Ace and JackReacher like this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

I agree. Even George Wallace finally admitted he was wrong about civil rights. Too bad he hadn't evolved 30 years earlier.

12. exmediahack

Why not... same sex couples should be just as miserable as the rest of us. :)

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.