1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

This is what it's like to watch Rob Ford's mayoral race from the outside

Big Circus, Fly, HC and 4 others like this.
  2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I had some respect for Christie based on his work as the U.S. attorney in NJ.
    What little I had left for him after his turn as governor is now gone.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I wonder what kind of president he might make, though. He definitely has more upside than a lot of these clowns.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He'd be the same belligerent assface he was as NJ governor, wouldn't he?

SFIND, heyabbott, SpeedTchr and 2 others like this.
  5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I kind of liked him as a candidate, certainly better than a lot of other GOP candidates from the start.
    Endorsing Trump is really low, though. I understand not wanting to endorse Rubio or Cruz, but better nothing than Trump.

Lugnuts likes this.
  6. Riptide

Dunno. He's had to pick himself up off the mat a few times now. Maybe he'll learn some lessons from that.

It's hardly impossible, even in politics. Definitely need a president who carves his own path one of these decades, no?

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Mexican compares Gothamite to Hitler.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

In the last couple of Presidential elections, somewhere around 60% of those eligible voted.

Within the Republican Party primaries and caucuses, Trump's getting about a third of the vote, yes ?

How does that translate into the percentage of voting-eligible Americans who support him ?

Something like 1 in 6 ?

If I randomly selected 6 American adults, would one support Trump ? Sound about right ?

Help me out here.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yes, about 300 pounds worth of upside.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

He is a terrible governor. The state's credit rating is plummeting, he has the most underfunded pension system in the country and unemployment way above the national average.

11. Riptide

And then there are the people who laugh at Trump but still support him because he talks tough on the tee-vee.

That's how fucked-up our elections are now. People cheering for a blowhard and his empty threats.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Trump isn't tapping into anything new. Check the history of the "know-nothing party"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.