1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

It's the mindless frenzy, though. Max Headroom and Archie Bunker could pull voters today.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, well, the Governor of Maine is endorsing Trump too.

But, you'll probably find some way to criticize him too!

amraeder and Jake_Taylor like this.
  3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

cranberry likes this.
  5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

NJ is just broken, badly broken and deeply dysfunctional.
    Christie was doing more to help the state as the US Attorney prosecuting gov't corruption. Once he became governor, it was NJ as usual. Very disappointing.

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

With DQ apparently on the bench, we've got nobody left to do the math.

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Is this fucker still cheating at golf?!

old_tony likes this.
  8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And the teacher's unions still want more.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the problem with those fucking teachers: unlike every other interest group in the entire country, these greedy teacher unions want more. They should learn from the gun lobby, the financial institutions, the Chamber of Commerce, and the oil & gas interests and say, "thanks! We've gotten our fair share so we'll quit wanting more now!" Amirite, OT?

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

If I agree to a contract with an entity that spells out exactly what I get for the services I render, I have this crazy notion of expecting that entity to honor the terms of that contract.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

It's a bizarre balance because I wonder why in the world the schools can't actually educate the students on five full days a week. Here every week school gets out two hours early.

It doesn't affect me as I'm home by noon each day yet when I drive home, I see all of the high school students get out early for nothing but smart decisions until their parents get home from work. I think back 25 years and on those rare days where we were off school my senior year, a fair amount of beer, pot and sex would ensue in my social circle.

And this is EVERY damn week where I live.

That being said, teachers today have more distracted students from single parent homes than ever. Far too often they have to serve breakfast for kids from low income homes.

As much as I hold a distaste for unions, where I live (a large district that isn't a lily white suburb flush with property taxes), the schools are excellent, teachers are top flight and our kids have had a great experience. I normally never have an issue with most school tax levies because the schools do more actual parenting than ever before.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.