1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He's going to do well in a lot of states:

A competitive Republican primary also hurts him. South Carolina has an open primary. White voters were way down in the Dem primary, likely because many voted in the Republican primary, where total voters was way up.

Republicans continue to draw record numbers to their contests, while the Dems lag well behind their 2008 numbers.

There is no enthusiasm for a Hillary presidency. What little enthusiasm there is on the left is with Bernie.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

To me, one of the most interesting things about this election is that it proves how long ago the Cold War ended and how voter attitudes have caught up to that fact. Before 1990. there was no way a candidate as, uh, volatile as Trump would get a sniff of contention, because the President was the guy with access to the nuclear trigger. President is still that guy, but nobody actually thinks of that as much of a consideration anymore.
    It's not a question of resume-like qualifications, it's attitude. Carter-Reagan was close until enough voters saw Reagan up close on TV and noted he was just not the type of guy to blow up the world.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

4. YankeeFan

5. YankeeFan

Trump's response should be fun:

6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

And slowly the accuracy of the Starman screed will be shown to be true in the mainstream media.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You have to give this up. He's done.

8. YankeeFan

I've never thought he would beat her, which is quite different than saying he's done.

His presence in the race has altered Clinton's entire campaign.

Imagine if the media had given him half the attention they gave Trump, instead of completely ignoring him.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'd probably set the over-under at three more states for Bernie. That might prove a little generous.

Sanders has altered Clinton's campaign in a negligible, if any, way. He's been like a little liberal angel on her shoulder. But I think she's done a good job of staying on a pragmatic centrist course. It's not like, say, Rubio alluding to Trump peeing his pants.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  10. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I'll say this about Hillary last night. She gave one hell of a speech until she started yelling the last 15 seconds of it.

When she's not whining and pandering to her base that feels like they always get the shaft, she sounds reasonable and like she has a strong path forward.

I still won't vote for her but I refuse to vote for Trump.

Lugnuts likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Formal speechmaking is her weakest suit. It's not a fatal liability in an election, neither Bush nor her husband were particularly good at it either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.