1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Cable ratings don't allow for "OK folks, we'll see you in August."

2. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

WASHINGTON – Retired Gen. Michael Hayden, who recently led the National Security Agency and the Central Intelligence Agency, said the U.S. military would likely refuse to follow certain orders from Donald Trump if he is elected to the White House in November and follows through on campaign promises.

Former CIA Chief Says Military Could Defy Donald Trump’s Orders

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I was reading something last night that made me think: this is like when the announcers are still trying to convince me that a football game is still a game. When they do their 'If they score here, and get another quick score, they're still in it!' shtick.

Lugnuts likes this.
  5. Riptide

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

FWIW, I think the interesting thing about this is that, in light of LePage's endorsement of Trump, you basically get to see a politician give up on his party's ability to stop Trump. He tries to mobilize people against Trump, can't, and decides "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Masterful.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Just wondering: Are we of the consensus - not what you WANT but what you THINK - that it will definitely be Clinton v. Trump in November and Clinton will kick his ass?

My old paper endorsed Rubio.

9. Riptide

Another nagging concern about a Trump presidency ...

Special note: The time frame.

In 2017, after a worldwide economic collapse, American society has become a
    totalitarianpolice state, censoring all cultural activity. The government pacifies the populace by broadcasting game shows where convicted criminals fight for their lives, including the gladiator-style The Running Man, hosted by the ruthless Damon Killian, where "runners" attempt to evade "stalkers", armed mercenaries, around a large arena, and near-certain death for a chance to be pardoned by the state.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If Trump wins big on Super Tuesday, with the exception of Texas, where Cruz wins, and then Rubio loses Florida, how does Rubio stay in?

For Trump to possibly lose, it needs to be a two man race. But, neither Cruz, nor Rubio, appear willing to believe that they aren't the alternative to Trump.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I believe so. I want to better understand what mechanisms the Republican Party may have to take this away from Trump, though.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It was a really, really interesting interview.

The guy -- who was originally appointed by Bush, mind you -- came across as someone who we'd be OK with having the country's safety in his hands (which, of course, we did).

I predict this tape serves as his audition tape for Hillary's running mate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.