1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Several states won't let you appear on the Presidential ballot as an independent if you appeared on a primary ballot.

So, an independent bid would likely need to come from someone not currently running.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I was away a long while, do the old rules from the Politics Thread apply here? I love the passion, but want to play by the rules. Please advise.

JackReacher likes this.
  3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

No I think Rubio still has a shot if Cruz drops and ardently throws his support to Rubio.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Does Clinton kick his ass, too?

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Not if she's recommended for indictment.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's the 2008 Hillary of this race, though. He's such an arrogant SOB, he'll stay in this until the last embers of the party's shot in November have turned to cool gray ash.

Lugnuts likes this.
  7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

There are no rules!

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Rubio could beat her. Not likely, but he could.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If that happens, can we get one of the networks to hire Jim Ross as a commentator. Just so, when they announce Rubio as the nominee, we can get a "AW, SON OF A BITCH, KING! THAT'S MARCO RUBIO'S MUSIC!"

Baron Scicluna and Spartan Squad like this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Cruz throws his support to nobody but Cruz -- ever. It's precisely because Rubio might get elected I'd be thunderstruck if Cruz ever did anything for him. Trump goes down in flames, who's the "true conservative" left for 2020? I bet Cruz thinks he knows.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Unless someone gives him something he wants like perhaps money, power or sex.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.