1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

And it's not like any of the alternatives were any better anyway.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yep, it is too late now, Trump has consolidated enough support to hold off, probably even in a one-on-one.

I guess if you squint you can see a very narrow path for Cruz and Rubio combined to keep Trump below 50%, but that seems incredibly unlikely.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump to Tony Soprano: STFU and go home

'Go home': Did Trump diss Christie at campaign event?

5. Neutral Corner

Trump vs. Hillary. God help our nation.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Hillary is a flawed person who will make a perfectly competent president.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I believe the word that has been thrown around here to describe Hillary is "unqualified."

She has only been a senator and Secretary of State, after all.

cranberry likes this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Preemptive delegitimization.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Oh, I think Hillary is *far* more qualified. She actually has some positions and plans, knows how government works, and is in general a policy wonk. Thing is that the Republicans hate her even more than Obama. For the last eight years Congress has been a cork in the ass of progress, playing the "party of no" game. If they would actually compromise and work things out, they could help the country and get at least part of what they want policy wise, but the tea party loons primary anyone who dares utter the word compromise.

I just see the horrendous gridlock coming, and it's going to suck. It won't suck nearly as badly as Trump at the wheel, though.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I foresee gridlock if Clinton wins or if Trump wins. For the former, it will be because she will be painted as the Devil incarnate (I can't wait for the Clinton body count stuff to be dug up again). For the latter, I think GOP leadership will disintegrate and the party will splinter into factions that Trump won't be able to corral to get anything done.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

It's Hillary Clinton's turn.

She has amassed enough participati0on ribbons and deserves a trophy.

old_tony and SpeedTchr like this.
  12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

HRC was, by far, the most qualified, experienced and knowledgeable person who ran for president on either side. She was also very good at working with the GOP as a senator.

If the GOP wants to continue on its obstructionist path, it doesn't matter who we elect, so that matters not at all.

LongTimeListener likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.