1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well,a huge percentage of Trump's birther-teabag base has been spending much of the last 7 years or so loudly agitating that the military would (and should) defy Obama's orders.

The difference here of course is that there are very specific legal objections to a lot of the shit Trump wants to do, whereas the main teabag objection to Obama's orders essentially was "Mooslim Neegro."

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Star Man, I agree with you, but there is that thorny matter of the OATH that is taken by every serviceperson. Thusly:

"I, 3_Octave_Fart, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."
    (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the phrasing first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Trump's going to change it to "all enemies, foreign and imagined."

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You forgot to mention that he fucks his daughter.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

John Oliver's takedown of Trump lived up to the hype.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Donald Trump is being sued for charging up to $36,000 for "students" to learn to be real estate tycoons. That could go to trial this summer.

Some might say it points to Trump being a con artist.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

If it really ends up as Hillary-Trump in the November election, this should be a good year for third-party candidates.

In case anyone's interested ... the two Green Party presidential candidates will be debating soon in Arizona:

Arizona Green Party to host presidential candidates' town hall, March 12

Jill Stein, of Massachusetts, was the 2012 presidential candidate, while Kent Mesplay is a Californian of Native American ancestry who is a scientist and long-time party activist.

Just remember ... the only way to "throw away" your vote is to cast it for someone you don't believe in.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Ace-
    I am unsure what you are driving at.
    Fart's not a conservative.
    I would say that whoever pays Donald Trump to go to his fake-ass university deserves what they get.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

A lot of people believed in Ralph Nader so much that they got us George W. Bush.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

It only took five minutes! The over/under for referencing 2000 was 10 minutes; should have took the under ... ;)

It's been mentioned a few (thousand) times on here before: if the Democrats nominated better candidates, they'd attract more left-wing voters.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I would like to know who the Democrats' "better candidate" was this time around.

cranberry likes this.
  12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Just pointing out that if it's Hillary vs. Trump there are potential legal messes on both sides.

This is bound to be the most entertaining election ever with probably a high price to pay for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.