1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I have never heard her characterized as even vaguely likeable.
    Envision dating her daughter and having to deal with her and play nicey-nicey.
    She's a shark, and not the good kind.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Give me a break. I told you exactly why I dislike her.

At my job, my immediate supervisor is a "strong" woman. In fact, all four women in my direct chain of command, all of whom are my superiors, are "strong" women.

They each have my utmost respect and admiration, not like they need or want it.

I'm married to a woman who's "stronger" than you'll ever know.

Save the sexism shit for someone else.

TigerVols, old_tony and YankeeFan like this.
  3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

No, your answer was a bunch of empty bullshit.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

There's really no point in discussing this with you.

5. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

My dislike for Clinton has nothing to do with genitalia. I like politicians like Rice and Warren fine. She's blown with the political winds since she and President Clinton emerged 25 years ago. Hell they were practically Republican in 92.

Now I appreciate politcal savy and shifting opinion to a certain point, but it seems to me she switches only after public opinion shifts, never before. From gay marriage to illegal immigration to Iraq, if it isn't the majority opinion, she doesn't hold it. Where was she advocating LGBT rights when running for the Senate? She declared on the Senate floor that marriage was a "sacred" bond between a man and woman. Evolving? She's done a hell of a lot of it.

That said, I'll happily vote for her over Trump in a battle of the disingenuous. Clinton if far more qualified for the Presidency.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Look, I have no doubt a lot of it is because she's a woman. People will cite qualities that make her unlikeable that wouldn't register with a male candidate.

At the same time, she comes across as extremely calculating and fairly cold. I don't know that I really have a sense of what she truly believes in. There's plenty there to admire; I'm not sure there's much there to like.

Having said that, I don't think she's significantly less likable than anyone else in the race. Bernie bugs the shit out of me, despite his politics being the most closely aligned to my own. I can't imagine spending 5 minutes with Cruz or Trump without strangling them.

So, I'll vote for her and only hold my nose a little. All things considered, I'm pretty happy with that.

Machine Head likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Who's dropping out? Not your boy. He's costing his party the election.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Well, shit, who can disagree with that?

old_tony, YankeeFan and SFIND like this.
  9. 3_Octave_Fart

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sez the guy who ran away from the board when his candidate lost.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

That's a perfectly legitimate answer. I think it captures a huge part of the "unlikeable" critics' feelings. I'll add that she doesn't get to knock on the door of being the first female president had she not leveraged the instincts you most dislike about her.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

If I instinctively don't like someone I don't search for a reason to justify it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.