1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

YF indies contain the voters most disengaged from politics. They are the extreme of the tendency shared by all voters to project favorable qualities onto the candidates about whom they know the least. Bernie has even better favorables than Rubio, and it has nothing to do with policies or ideologies. Mike Dukakis led the first Bush by almost 20 points in the polls in the late spring of 1988 for precisely that reason.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

He had made some typically bold (and wrong) statements, one I remember well right after what's his name the Eddie Munster looking dude was put on the GOP ticket as VP. Said it was going to be a landslide and it wasn't, at least not for that side. So naturally he got called out on it and never, ever responded.

Sadly, it led to the end of that thread. One of the rules we made is you could MF people all you wanted there but it couldn't spill to others. People chased him all over the board trying to get a response. I certainly understood and would have liked to have seen a response myself.

I think his views are way way way over the top. Obama could cure cancer, AIDS and every other disease, put an end to poverty worldwide and make everyone look like a supermodel and he'd still be an asshole. But I do respect the right to have your own views, however outlandish they may be. When you boldly say THIS THIS THIS THIS and it turns out THAT THAT THAT THAT happens, going silent makes you look really bad.

HanSenSE and TowelWaver like this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Paul Ryan.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm reading a book on the Roosevelts right now. After FDR cheated on Eleanor, they did remain together and eventually rebuilt love and respect for each other, even though they supposedly were never intimate again.

So I suppose the Clintons could be the same way. There may be love there without the intimacy.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

How's that "Obama solving poverty" working out? Seems the "Messiah" made most things worse ... except for his own financial situation.

Never mind the other outlandish dreams of which you laughably speak.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That's awesome. #ColdPoliticalTakes

7. Dick Whitman

Things are way better right now for the people who Republicans like to make things way better for than they were eight years ago.

8. Dick Whitman

I figured after the 2012 election we'd at least get some crazypants #HotTakes from Tony about how Obama stole the election somehow. He didn't even give us that.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The good news is, the Republicans will lose the election again in November. Maybe by a lot. Things might settle down here a bit.

So who is running for the third and fourth parties? Or as an Independent? Anyone worth watching?

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

No, we got those, they were just kind of muted and didn't come until weeks later. But he definitely called into question the legitimacy of the "urban vote."

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

BTW, nice to see stalking is moderator-approved as long as it's the stalking of a conservative.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So, anyway, back to Trump ... when he sweeps Super Tuesday, what does he do? Ramp up the insanity or start softening for a move to the middle?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.