1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It's really funny that the left has gotten so out of touch that Cruz and Rubio are suddenly the "establishment" candidates.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    exmediahack likes this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They are United States Senators. Rubio has a slew of endorsements from party elites.

What else did Rush tell you today?

3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Not news, but Mitt Romney is really Franklin Pierce, Time Traveler.

[​IMG]

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

The mere fact this mouth-breathing moron is the frontrunner shows how screwed the party already is. He has no shot in a general election, and other Republicans are going to get creamed bc of his presence on the ticket. Buh-bye, GOP.

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Oh, it's not being wrong. It's about the racism and believing Smallpotatoes' conspiracy theories.

JC and YankeeFan like this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

YEEEEEAAAAAH BOYYYYYEEEEE!

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I agree on all counts. Things are much better (but work needs to be done). I like o_t a whole lot. Good guy despite his off the wall political leanings (to which he's fully entitled to have). My complaint is not with him but his actions in this case. He made a lot of bold statements. They were proven wrong. He tucked it and ran when a simple, "Well, shit, that didn't work out like I thought," would have probably sufficed.

Meanwhile, I'm still in shock that a carnival barker is very likely to be the presidential candidate for one of the two major parties in this country. The GOP keeps complaining and their challengers get worse and worse. I actually liked McCain and would have considered voting for him had he not made a horrible, miserable, laughable VP choice. Romney was an elitist ass who didn't seem to understand that the country he wanted to govern was made up of a lot of people NOT like him. Now they're about to throw Donald Trump out there?? Donald Trump?? I keep thinking it is one longass April Fool's joke.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm glad it's happening because I've only read about what the George Wallace campaign was like. Now I get to see it!

Lugnuts, old_tony, BTExpress and 2 others like this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Where have you gone, Arthur Bremer? The GOP turns its desperate eyes to you, hoo-hoo-hoo.

Neutral Corner and Vombatus like this.
  10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Kasich +3500 for the GOP nomination. Easiest $50 I ever plunked down.

exmediahack and cranberry like this.
  11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Careful. We all know what happened at a Giant Food parking lot in Laurel, MD.

EDIT: Shit, Starman beat me to it.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

To quote Bret Maverick, "My old Pappy used to say you could fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time and those were pretty good odds."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.