1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

True story. Two golfing buddies and I had finished playing golf near Laurel back in the early 1990s. As we drove back, the super smart friend amongst us said, hey, you know what famous event happened in that parking lot over there?

Jorge and I had no clue.

Super smart guy says: "That's the parking lot where George Wallace got shot back in 1972."

Jorge: "Wow, is there a historical marker or plaque over there?"

Me: "No, there's just a handicapped parking spot out in the MIDDLE of the parking lot."

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Black is back, all in we're gonna win, check it out!

3. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You guys should definitely go with this in November. Keep arguing that Trump's response was reasonable.

LongTimeListener and Brian like this.
  5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wonder.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

My current favorite is the rash of Hillary supporters gleefully posting the John Oliver piece on Trump.

"You can't vote for him, he's a LIAR!"

Oh, OK.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I think you've got her now, Rainman. If the e-mail and Benghazi! things don't pan out, I'm sure that will stick.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The weird thing about the Trump campaign is...I've found myself agreeing with a lot of GOP stalwarts of late.

For instance, Jonah...

Why conservatives need to get behind #NeverTrump

Better the GOP do battle with a know-nothing bigot (and lose the presidency) than become the party of know-nothing bigots (and still lose the presidency).

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Now, it's a party!!!!!!

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2016: Yes, Ethel, there is a Santa Claus.

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The Republican establishment doesn't want to admit it but as one who would probably be part of it...

We wanted the votes of the white working class, just not their mullets, their pickups, their cups of PBR, their obsession with guns and their Larry the Cable Guy comedy tour. The elites were willing to tolerate hearing "God Bless the USA" and country music at rallies because, what, are these simpletons going to go vote for the Kenyan?

Now these forklift Republicans want actual power?

Shit.

Elites weren't planning on their little pitchfork uprising. Especially with Gordon Gekko as their spokesman.

You can't write fiction like this.

Neutral Corner and BTExpress like this.
  12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Well, the party establishment couldn't have really believed these folks wanted massive tax cuts for the wealthy, cuts in social security and more intervention in the Middle East, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.