1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It feels like Republicans are going to coalesce around "screw it, everyone stay in and try to keep Trump under half the delegates and figure it out at the convention." Early returns tonight are at least vaguely favorable to that plan, but I'm not sure if it can actually work.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't know that everyone has enough money to do that, though.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Watching the GOP force either Rubio or Cruz (or both!) to stand down at the convention as the party bosses cut a back-room deal would be only half as much fun as watching Trump take over the party.

It would be fun, sure, but not for this long and not to this impact.

cranberry likes this.
  4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

All Republicans are rich. Shouldn't be a problem.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

No. There's also the not-so-rich "base" coalition of of anti-abortion people, the self-loathing who need an authoritarian, people who feel threatened by people of color, climate change deniers, etc.

6. Mr. Sunshine

*Jerking motion*

old_tony likes this.
  7. cranberry

You GOP guys brought this on yourselves. No need to lash out. Hopefully, you learn from it.

JackReacher and Double Down like this.
  8. Mr. Sunshine

Put your pants back on. And if you ever paid attention and didn't just parrot talking points/phrases and copy and paste, you'd know I already laid this at the feet of the GOP establishment.

9. cranberry

You've been back for 10 minutes and I'm supposed to be paying attention to you? Hell, I never paid attention to you when you were posting at an 8/hr ratio.

So sure, the blame lies with the establishment, but they're not the ones voting for Trump. It's your stupid base coalition. I've told you before, there is no GOP. It's just a loose coalition of the disgruntled.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And realistically, I'm not sure any of these guys have any compelling reason to drop out.

Cruz is on a mission from God, and probably legitimately believes he can still win.
    Rubio has nothing else to go to. He's not running for re-election in the senate. He's going to lose his home state. This could be it for him.
    Kasich will hang in and bank on Ohio, and try to convince people he's the adult alternative. Besides, Kasich dropping out doesn't affect the race.
    Carson could drop out and no one would notice.

cranberry likes this.
  11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

In my town: Bernie 2,121, Hillary 400 ... Trump 435 and the next guy, IIRC, Rubio had 135 or so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.