1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Such polls as have been done, and of course there will be many more now, show Trump ahead of Rubio in Florida by between 7 and 20 points. Can't think of anything that happened yesterday to turn that around.
    Stopping Trump on the convention floor is a fantasy. My opinion of Trump voters is not high, but if he has amassed the most delegates through the primary process and the party takes the nomination away from him on the floor, those voters are going to be mad as hell and deserve to be. That scenario, BTW, is exactly what happened in the Roosevelt-Taft race in 1912 and led TR to run the Bull Moose third party.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Wrong. It'll be more "evidence" to his jerkoff supporters that he's the only guy who can put the uppity n*****s back in their place, and they'll rally around him even more.

People have to stop operating under the assumption that Trump supporters stand for anything but perpetual hatred. Treating black people like they do in that video is EXACTLY how they want America to be.

Double Down, JC, SFIND and 2 others like this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

I am the only Democrat in my family, except for a renegade (not really) grad student nephew. The rest are quite literally country club Republicans, people who side with the party because it looks to the interests of people of means, which they are, but who don't give a damn about so-called "social" issues. And I wonder what they are thinking now, because if they won't vote for Trump (they might), he's losing within a bloc Republicans must have in any November.

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

A local NPR affiliate had two local pundits on to discuss the Super Tuesday results. The Republican one claimed Trump underperformed last night. He won 'only ' 7 states and the margins weren't as good as predicted. Seems like wishcasting.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Warriors are only beating opponents by 11 points a game this season ...

HanSenSE and Lugnuts like this.
  6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

How did you manage to be the only non-successful member of your family?

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I think a Steph Curry endorsement would be great for Trump.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

9. Michael_ Gee

It was easy. I picked sportswriting as a career. To show how perverse human nature is, the other members of my family envied me tremendously for it.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Just wait until Dick sees her described as beautiful.

JackReacher likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So much wishcasting going on out there:

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Which candidates will blink? Carson and Kasich should -- Kasich, especially, as he is strictly selfish to hang on until Ohio.

I looked at Virginia and Georgia last night because those states are the most "in play" for November. Trump still won.

Generally, Trump breaks 40 percent in the states that are always in the 40s on state public education rankings.

Cruz is just a smidge less divisive than Trump is. I'm hoping for a Rubio vs Trump showdown by March 15 but that's just not going to happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.