1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

The only way he wins in November is if the Democratic base stays home. Come on, YF, if Trump is the Republican nominee, the Democrats will rally against him behind Hillary even harder than they did for Obama in 08. Trump will get no more voters than Romney, no matter how many "blue dogs" he gets. Last poll I saw said close to 50 percent of Republicans responded they'll either "definitely never" or "probably never" support him.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's pretty close.

It's the bigger unknown.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Send a black conservative to a Hillary rally and have him or her shout out anti-Hillary things and see what happens. When you behave with the intention of drawing attention, it's the behavior, not the color that earns the scorn.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Look at them tackling that bitch!

[​IMG]

6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Y'all, not to be a schoolmarm here, but I'm gonna be a schoolmarm: it's "tenets" of conservatism, not "tenants." Just a particular pet peeve. And I'm not sure there's been a president who truly embodied the tenets of conservatism since Eisenhower.

Carry on.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

What you call weaknesses, I call strengths. Trump is winning the anti-establishment vote that should be going to Cruz.

8. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Except for the people who lived in Hoovervilles.

HanSenSE and FileNotFound like this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hey, don't blame me. I'm not smart enough to know the difference.

I just copied what he wrote!

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The most important elements of the Democratic party majority coalition are, in order, women, especially single women, African Americans, Hispanic Americans and, increasingly Asian Americans, the fastest growing ethnic group in the country. The idea Trump is going to make inroads with these groups strikes me as a real stretch.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I got it right. Then again, I'm smarter than most of you.

SnarkShark likes this.
  12. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.