1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One huge advantage Trump has had in the primary campaign will be lost in the general -- his utter dominance of free media (read TV) over his Republican rivals. Once there are two candidates, one from each party, network news outlets and local TV stations will treat each as equally newsworthy, and so will the cable networks. Yes, Fox will portray Hillary as Lady Macbeth with a private Web server, but the point is, she'll be portrayed, not ignored as the other Republicans were.

poindexter likes this.
  2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

He'd join Reagan as the only men to become U.S. President after a divorce.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Word on the Twitterz is Hermain Cain is being considered for the VP.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Back when all of this was getting started, Trump made the GOP hierarchy sign some sort of pledge that "he would be treated fairly" throughout the primary process. They had a press conference and made kind of a big deal about it, and Trump seemed to indicate that getting that pledge was a condition of him jumping into the race.
    At the time, I'm sure the GOP bosses were just humoring him, figuring he'd drop out by New Year's. Now I'm wondering just what that pledge entailed and what its true worth is. Will or can the GOP go back on its word? If they do, and deny Trump the nomination that he's won -- fair and square -- through back room dealing, does he have grounds to sue?

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Stop it. Just fucking stop, OK? I've learned not to dream too big, and here you go putting stars in my eyes.

Double Down and SpeedTchr like this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump will still be way more willing to do free media, which means he'll get a ton more of it than Hillary.

Trump will do every show. Hillary will be much more guarded.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No, but he'd sure as hell have grounds for a third party run, or if that proves unfeasible, just endorsing Clinton. I wouldn't put it past him, as I wouldn't put anything past him.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

White Hispanics, people of Spanish (European) heritage, generally are not treated any differently as a group in this country than Italians, Irish, Germans or any number of European immigrant groups these days, especially those like Rubio and Cruz who were born in North America and speak English. The same cannot be said for black and brown Hispanics.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I think The Wallâ„¢ just got another 10 feet taller.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think he's been divorced twice already. It was a huge tabloid thing in the '80s.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

At least one of his first two marriages wasn't to a cousin like Giuliani.

That would have been a deal breaker for Trump voters.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Possibly leading to the resurrection of the greatest campaign poster ever:

[​IMG]

Vombatus, SnarkShark and Mr. Sunshine like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.