1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Typing a Z is always exciting.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

These stop Trump scenarios are just silly. It's like they say, a team with two quarterbacks has none. The stop Trumpers are a team with four quarterbacks.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

If he loses the nomination, wouldn't he just go 3rd party and extinguish any GOP flame of hope?

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Rubio completely choked under the pressure last week. Not presidential timbre.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't think so. His goal is to win, not to upend the process for the sake of upending the process.

6. Mr. Sunshine

I still remain confused why ANYONE would vote for someone I don't like.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Dick, I think he has enough "fuck you" in him that if they take away a nomination he feels he has earned, he'll go scorched earth.

SnarkShark and TowelWaver like this.
  8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'm coming around to a Trump candidacy, or even a Trump presidency. For lack of anyone else, he's the most popular choice among an increasingly stratified nation.

This is the most pessimistic and angry this country has been during my lifetime. Trump fits the times perfectly.

Rome had Nero. In 2016, the U.S. gets Trump.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

OK, I saw a general election poll from Rasmussen. Clinton 41-Trump 36. Where are the rest? 21 percent chose Other. Now if there's one thing we know, Other will get its usual two percent in November. How many of these folks were stop Trumpers and how many were Bernie bots? That's the issue. Who stays home will be more important than who turns out in a Clinton-Trump race.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the scenario I was imagining. If he loses outright (not likely at this point), that's one thing. If he loses the nomination due to convention shenanigans, he will lose his damn mind and roast everyone.

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I'm well aware of this. I would still gladly vote for him.

12. Mr. Sunshine

A big help is that ALL the diehard Obama voters from 2008 are squarely in Hillary's camp now because she's so obviously proven these past eight years that's she's ready to lead this great nation. #loveandkindness

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.