1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

She only said that African-American super-predators need to be brought to heel one time.

And she held back from calling them the N word.

What else is there to talk about?

old_tony likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

At least we don't have to worry about @JayFarrar getting all worked up about the reference.

4. YankeeFan

Martin O'Malley won't even make Hillary's long list for VP.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

At least the GOP is strong at the grass-roots level.

Travis County GOP Apoplectic Over Newly Elected Chairman

The newly elected chair of the Republican Party in the county that includes the Texas Capitol spent most of election night tweeting about former Gov. Rick Perry’s sexual orientation and former President Bill Clinton’s penis, and insisting that members of the Bush family should be in jail.

. . .

“We will explore every single option that exists, whether it be persuading him to resign, trying to force him to resign, constraining his power, removing his ability to spend money or resisting any attempt for him to access data or our social media account,” Mackowiak told the Tribune. “I’m treating this as a coup and as a hostile takeover.”

“Tell them they can go fuck themselves,” Morrow told the Tribune.

And more!

Morrow, 51, is a self-employed investor and political activist who ran ads in 2011 seeking evidence to support his accusation that former Gov. Rick Perry is gay. Morrow has published a book about the Clintons and is a self-professed expert on the JFK assassination. He owns about 400 books on the subject and believes that former President Lyndon B. Johnson had Kennedy killed, he said. He emails media outlets daily on these subjects and others.

Texas Republican county leader Robert Morrow faces party revolt

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  6. YankeeFan

George W. Bush and Dick Cheney have no idea what you are talking about.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Thank you! I couldn't remember who it was. Frankly, until Sunshine liked the post, I was worried I had my message boards confused.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

He hasn't posted since.

One of the oddest message board flameouts ever.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Did she ever say "African-American super-predators" or was the "African-American" part considered a logical/reasonable inference? I've never seen anything but a very short, edited clip that provides very little context.

11. YankeeFan

I believe the answer is the latter.

Would have to look to see if any euphemisms like "urban" youth were used in the question or answer.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

... And I'd prefer not to explore it any further.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.